TEST TEXT TEXT TEXT
TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT
8. Raccoon Island Shoreline Protection/Marsh Creation (CWPPRA): COMPLETE – $21.4 million
Breakwaters and marsh creation to protect rookeries and seabird colonies.
9. NRDA Caillou Lake Headlands, “Whiskey Island” (NRDA): COMPLETE – $118.3 million
170 acres of marsh habitat and 917 acres of dune and beach habitat. Material from Ship Shoal (offshore)
* Whiskey Island Back Barrier Marsh Creation (CWPPRA): COMPLETE $26.8 million—316 acres of back barrier marsh with tidal creeks and ponds and sand dune on the gulf side beach shore.
10. / 11. Terrebonne Basin Barrier Island and Beach Nourishment (NFWF): ENGINEERING & DESIGN – $150 million
Includes restoration efforts on West Belle Headland, Timbalier Island, and Trinity Island with beach, dune, and marsh habitat.
12. Caminada Headland Beach and Dune Restoration Increments I and II (CIAP/ NFWF): COMPLETE – $217.7 million
Project in two phases that built 11 miles of headland in Lafourche and Jefferson Parishes
* Back Barrier Marsh Creation I & II (CWPPRA) ENGINEERING & DESIGN ~$50 million of back barrier marsh creation in two increments of 444 and 385 acres. Will extend life of barrier shoreline.