2015 Student Poetry Contest
Louisiana’s Coast: Our Unique Culture
Upper Elementary (Grades 3 – 5)
Middle School (Grades 6 – 8)
High School (Grades 9 – 12)
1st Place: $200
2nd Place: $100
3rd Place: $50
Plus, the teacher of each first place winner will receive a $50 stipend!
Send Entry Form and Submission to:
4-H Youth Wetlands Program
169 Knapp Hall
110 LSU Union Square
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
or fax to: (225) 578-7847
Entry form is available to download here.
Deadline for all entries to be RECEIVED is April 17, 2015.
Official Rules of Entry
- Entry must be an original work of the student.
- Entry can be written in any form, not exceeding 30 lines.
- Entry must have a title.
- Entry must be typed.
- Entry must pertain to contest theme.
- A signed and completed entry form must accompany the entry (signed by both the student and a parent or guardian).
- Only one entry per student will be accepted.
- Poetry submitted to other competitions is not eligible for this contest.
- Entries will not be returned and become the property of the CPRA.
- Entries may be included in CPRA or LSU Ag Center 4-H Youth Wetlands Program publications.
- Entries that do not comply with these rules will be disqualified.
- This contest is open to Louisiana students only.